Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy Information*Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy has been delayed until further notice.
The Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy is an intensive full-time program (584 hours). The Fire Academy provides basic fire fighter hands-on skills and didactic training required by the California State Fire Training Fire Fighter I Curriculum. SCCRJFA training exceeds the standards for certification by the State Board of Fire Services and the Office of the State Fire Marshal. SCCRJFA partners with South Bay Regional as the Accredited Regional Training Program (ARTP) with State Fire Training.
Fire Fighter I Academy Pre-Requisites
- Fire Preparation Course
- Public Safety First Aid and CPR (CA Health and Safety Code 1797.182)
* Training equivalent to the current American Heart Association’s guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care at the Healthcare Provider level or BLS level.
State Fire Training Fire Academy Accreditation
Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy delivers the most current approved California State Fire Training. The Fire Academy curriculum exceeds the standards for certification by the state Board of Fire Services and the Office of Fire Marshal Office.
Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy offers our Recruits the State Fire Training Fire Fighter I Certification Testing based on the current FFI curriculum. The State Fire Training Fire Fighter I Curriculum and Certification Testing process are approved by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and ProBoard (NBFSPQ). Certificates Issued Upon Graduation Upon successful completion of the Fire Fighter I Academy at Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy graduates typically receive the following certifications: South Bay Regional Public Safety Training Consortium
- Fire Fighter I Certificate of Completion – Fire Academy
- Fire Fighter I Certificate of Completion – Fire Fighter I Certification Testing
California State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Confined Space Rescue Awareness
- Fire Fighter Survival
- Vehicle Extrication
- Fire Control 3B – Structural Fire Fighting
- Incident Command System 100
- Incident Command System 200
- Low Angle Rope Rescue Operations
CAL FIRE & The National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG)
- S-130 Firefighter Training (NWCG)
- S-190 Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior (NWCG)
California Specialized Training Institute/Cal OES
- Haz Mat – First Responder Operations
National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- ICS – NIMS 700
- ICS – NIMS 800
Note: Additional certification may be offered if the schedule allows.
Fire Fighter I Certification Testing
Santa Cruz County Regional Joint Fire Academy will conduct Fire Fighter I Certification Testing during course of the Fire Academy. The Fire Fighter I Certification testing will usually be offered sequentially as a separate course at the conclusion of each curriculum training block. The certification testing costs are not included with the fire academy tuition.State Fire Training Fire Fighter I Certification Testing will include:
- Fire Fighter I – Structural written exam and skills testing
- Fire Fighter I – Wildland written and skill testing
- Fire Fighter I – Hazardous Materials written exam and skill testing
Upcoming SCCRJFA Fire Fighter I Academy
To be placed on the notification list, click here.