The Academy offers entrance assessment and pre-employment testing for Law Enforcement, Fire Services, Dispatch Communications, and Corrections candidates.
POST Written – Pellet B Exam
In order to gain entry into a Basic Police Academy – Intensive Course (or the Basic Police Academy Modular Level One Course), you will need to take and receive passing scores for the POST Entry-level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB).
*This test is also required as part of the application process for most Law Enforcement agencies.
- For the preparation of the Pellet B Exam, below are some recommended study guides
- Below are available live, online workshops to help you prepare for an upcoming POST exam (Pellet-B)
- After Registering below, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting
Pass the Pellet-B (POST) Workshop with Stevie Daniels Workshop
- Tips and tricks on how to prepare for the grammar, spelling, vocabulary, reading comprehension and close
- Hands-on practice with other students while in session
- Resources to study once the webinar has ended
- A full-length, stimulated POST exam that students can take at their convenience to gauge their strengths and weaknesses
- Q&A with Professor Daniels
Intense Review of the Pellet-B (POST) Test with Stevie Daniels
- Join Stevie Daniels as she takes participants through an entire practice POST Pellet-B Exam. All five parts of the exam will be covered, she will focus especially on grammar, reading, and the close test. Participants in her earlier webinars will definitely want to come as this is the follow-up workshop to those webinars. All are invited to attend whether or not they have been to the first webinar or not. Break-out rooms will be part of this webinar allowing students to work on each part of the exam together. Come to the webinar ready to roll up your sleeves, meet new friends, and show the Pellet-B exam who’s boss!
Intense Review Workshop Dates
- February 19, 2022 – Intense Review of the Pellet-B (POST) Test with Stevie Daniels
- March 12, 2022 – Intense Review of the Pellet-B (POST) Test with Stevie Daniels
- April 23, 2022 – Intense Review of the Pellet-B (POST) Test with Stevie Daniels
- May 21, 2022 – Intense Review of the Pellet-B (POST) Test with Stevie Daniels
- June 25, 2022 – Intense Review of the Pellet-B (POST) Test with Stevie Daniels
Physical Agility – WSTB Exam
You will also need passing scores from the WSTB Physical Agility test.
Physical Agility – WSTB Practice Session
The Academy offers an instruction and practice session for the WSTB which is scheduled and charged separately from the main exam.
National Testing Network
Some of our Law Enforcement agencies use the National Testing Network’s pre-employment written test administered by The Academy. If you need to register for the NTN Exam please click here to view test information, upcoming test dates or to make a reservation.
Written Test Resources
The following websites provide practice tests and skills training to assist in student success.
The National Testing Network’s pre-employment written test is administered by The Academy and is a testing instrument that may be required by certain fire agencies for which you are applying.
POST Written Dispatch test
While the following tests are not required in order to register for The Academy’s Basic Dispatcher or Basic Dispatcher-Extended courses, agencies to which you may be applying might require a T-score from the POST Entry-level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery.
CritiCall Dispatch test
In addition, the CritiCall Test may be required by some agencies. Examinees may want to use the exam as a valuable hands-on tool to evaluate their abilities and overall interest in a career as a public safety dispatcher.