Residency, Financial Aid, VA Benefits


As a general rule, you must have lived in CA for at least one year and one day prior to the first day of instruction to be considered a resident. Otherwise, you must pay out-of-state registration fees, which are at a much higher rate. You may apply for an exemption, the AB504-1, but only if you have attended (for at least three years) AND graduated from a CA high school.

CA Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (AB540-1) — Allow plenty of processing time. In addition to the AB540-1, you must provide an official transcript from the CA high school you attended showing attendance of at least three years (transcript must be sealed). 

Financial Aid Apply at the college where your class is being registered (this may differ from the physical location; verify with our main office). Click on one of the links below for waiver, grants, FAFSA, and scholarship information. Be sure to verify unit/income requirements before applying for aid.

California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the Board of Governors (BOG) Waiver)

VA Benefits

Inform our office if you intend to use VA Benefits for your course. You will want to start the process early and you will need to identify the transcripting college in order to follow the correct procedures:

Please contact us if there is any additional information or any additional forms you would like to see posted on this page.