Emergency Medical Technician
This course will prepare individuals to render prehospital basic life support at the scene of an emergency, during transport of the sick and injured, or during interfacility transfer within an organized emergency medical services system. The course content meets the objectives contained in the U.S. Department of Transportation National EMS Education Standards and trains the participant to become competent in the EMT basic scope of practice.
The course consists of 180 hours of didactic and skills lab training, and 24 hours of supervised clinical experience, which exceeds the requirements for EMT-B in the State of California. Upon completion students will be prepared to pass the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam. Course fees include subscription to the online curriculum, textbook, and personal protective equipment.
Our instructors are all currently employed as EMTs or Paramedics and have decades of experience providing emergency medical services for fire departments, private ambulance companies, and hospital emergency departments.
- Age 18 years or older
- Current Medical Insurance
- Statement verifying CPR training equivalent to the current American Heart Association’s Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care at the Healthcare Provider Level
- Current Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination (Current: Two doses in lifetime)**
- Current Hepatitis B vaccination (Current: 3 doses in lifetime or begin series prior to the start of class)**
- Current Tdap (Current: Within 10 years)**
- Current Varicella vaccination (Current: Two doses in lifetime)***
- Tuberculosis skin test (Current: Within six months prior to the start of class)
- Flu shot (winter session only) (Prior to start of class)
**If vaccinations records are unavailable a Positive Titer can be substituted for the MMR, Hep B, Tdap and Varicella and must be within 30 days of start of class
*** Varicella can also be verified by a documented history of chicken pox by a physician