Requalification Course Registration Info/Checklist
You may not register for this course until you complete Steps 1-3:
- Request your training profile from POST. Click here for a link to the Profile Request form, including instructions. If you have questions regarding your eligibility to requal, contact POST's Basic Training Bureau at (916) 227-4254. General Requal information can be found on the POST website.
- Once you receive your Profile, email a clear scan of it to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Be sure to include your phone number.
- Once your Profile is approved, we will contact you to obtain a reservation deposit.
Do not complete any forms until we have collected your deposit. Submission of the following documents is required prior to the course; please adhere to all noted time specifications. Submission of forms via email is preferable.
- Apply to MPC College through OpenCCC (click here for instructions).
- Once you have received both ID numbers (OpenCCC and MPC), submit them via this form.
- Basic Academy REQUAL Cover Sheet
- DOJ -- take this form to a Livescan location (use a law enforcement facility to avoid possible delays in your clearance). Your clearance must be dated within six months prior to the start date of the class. We need the original document that the DOJ mails back to you after your fingerprints are submitted; not the receipt the Livescan operator hands to you on the day they take your prints. Be advised: The DOJ does not offer expedited services.
- Medical Exam Report -- take this to your personal physician to complete no sooner than 30 days prior to the start date of your class.
- Scan and email a clear copy of your valid CA driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID)
- Scan and email a clear copy of your medical insurance card (you must have coverage for the duration of the course; if you do not, contact us and we will refer you to an insurance broker)
- PT gear (if you are local, visit our office at least one month prior to Academy start date to be fitted for your Polo shirt; if you are out of the area, email or phone in your size)
- Final payment must be paid in full at least five (5) business days prior to start date of your course
Every recruit (including agency recruits bringing their own personal firearms) must submit proof of ownership for their firearm. Agency recruits supplied with agency firearms are exempt. If you have recently purchased a new firearm, bring in your receipt of ownership. Otherwise, submit the appropriate form below to DOJ, along with the accompanying fees, and email a copy of the form to our office.
- Student Needs List -- review this doc as soon as possible, adhering to South Bay's handgun specifications and restrictions.
Receiving financial aid will lower your overall course fees; therefore, if you plan to apply for financial aid, please inform our office as soon as possible.
Although this course is being held at our Evergreen facility, registration and transcripts will be through Monterey Peninsula College (school code: 001242). Please click here to view the types of financial aid which may be available for this course through MPC. Be sure to check unit/income requirements before applying for aid.
Fee Advisory: If you are not a current CA State resident -OR- if, on the start date of the course, you have not lived within the State of CA for one year and one day, you will be assessed out-of-state fees.
If you have questions regarding this policy, or for any other registration questions, please contact our main office at (408) 229-4299.