EMT Course Checklist
Contact our main office to register for this course.
Prerequisites - The following must be met prior to registering for this course:
- Age 18 or older
- Provide OpenCCC and Gavilan ID numbers:
- Apply to Gavilan College through OpenCCC (click here for instructions)
- Once you have received both ID numbers (OpenCCC and Gavilan), submit them via this form.
- Email the following to the EMT Staff Assistant:
- A copy of your CA driver's license (or other gov't-issued photo ID
- A copy of the front and back of your medical insurance card (you must be covered by insurance throughout your class)
- CPR training certificate (or statement verifying training equivalent to the current American Heart Association's Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care at the Healthcare Provider Level or BLS Level)
- Test/vaccination record/results for:
- Current Tuberculosis (TB) skin test (current=within six months prior to the start of class);
- Current Tdap (current=within 10 years)*
- Current MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) vaccination (current=two doses in lifetime)*
- Current Hepatitis B vaccination (current=three doses in lifetime or begin series prior to the start of class)
- Current Varicella vaccination (current=two doses in lifetime)**
- Flu Shot (for winter courses only; prior to start of class)
*If vaccination records are unavailable, a Positive Titer can be substituted for the MMR, Hep B, Tdap and Varicella.
**Varicella can also be verified by a documented history of chicken pox by a physician.
In addition to the above-listed items, official acceptance into the course is contingent upon your final payment being received in full at least five days prior to the start date of the course.
Purchase uniform items listed on Needs List
First Day Letter - check back later for this document.
There is a strict 21-day cancellation policy. Cancellations made after that time are subject to a $400 late cancellation fee.
Please direct any registration questions to our main office: 408/229-4299.