Basic Police Academy Modular Level Three Registration Info/Checklist
Read this page in its entirety.
There are no entrance assessment exam requirements or prerequisites for BAM Level Three.
You must be fully registered, have all completed documents submitted, and all fees paid in full in order to attend Day One of this class.
To register, contact our main office at 408-229-4299. To secure a spot in the class, be prepared to pay the course deposit as listed on the course flyer.
Once you have paid the deposit, email copies of the following documents to Majory Saade:
- Apply to Ohlone College through OpenCCC (click here for instructions)
- Once you have received both ID numbers (OpenCCC and Ohlone), submit them via this form
- BAM Three Cover Sheet
- Photocopy/scan of your valid CA driver’s license
- Photocopy/scan of front and back of your medical insurance card; you must have coverage for the duration of the course
- 3-year DMV abstract (request from a DMV office); must be dated within 90 days from the start date of your course
- Self Attestation Form (Self-Sponsored only)
Originals of the following must be brought in prior to the first day of class (adhere to time specifications):
- DOJ -- take this form to a Livescan location (use a law enforcement facility to avoid possible delays in your clearance). Your clearance must be dated within six months prior to the start date of the class. We need the original document that the DOJ will mail to you after your fingerprints are submitted; not the receipt the Livescan operator hands to you on the day they take your prints. Be advised: DOJ does not offer expedited services.
- Medical Exam Report -- take these pages to your physician no sooner than 30 days prior to the start date of your course.
Every recruit (including agency recruits bringing their own personal firearms) must submit proof of ownership for their firearm. Agency recruits supplied with agency firearms are exempt. If you have recently purchased a new firearm, bring in your receipt as proof of ownership. Otherwise, submit the appropriate form below to DOJ, along with the accompanying fees, and email a copy of the form to our office.
- Visit our office at least one month prior to class start date to be fitted for PT gear. PT fittings can be completed at the San Jose office without an appointment Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
- You will have access to certain class materials via Dropbox. Hard copy versions are available for an additional fee. Be sure to notify staff immediately to place an order for printed material.
Fees for additional gear or materials must be paid in full at least two weeks prior to start date of class.
- Student Needs List -- review this doc as soon as possible and, if you do not already own a firearm, proceed with the handgun process early -- you will have to take into account imposed waiting periods and other additional requirements may vary by supplier.
- Orientation Letter -- check back later for this document.
Limited financial aid may be available for this course, but you may at qualify at the minimum for the Board of Governors (BOG) Waiver, which could help cover the registration portion of your course fees. Click here for more information.
If you have any registration questions, please contact our main office at 408-229-4299.